Educational research supporting Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary aims to improve understanding about:
- How the Sanctuary can be used to facilitate greater synergies between people and the environment
- How the Sanctuary can be used to facilitate greater understanding about the complexity associated with natural resource management
- How the Sanctuary can be used to facilitate change to social attitudes
- How environmental research undertaken at the Sanctuary can be accessed better and used for educational purposes and
- How the Sanctuary can be used for educative purposes for a variety of people.
Integrating research and restoration
The Mulligans Flat–Goorooyarroo Woodland Experiment is a partnership between The Australian National University, the ACT Government and CSIRO. The aim of the project is to find ways of improving box-gum grassy woodland for biodiversity.