Restore ecological processes
• To restore woodland habitats and self-sustaining ecological processes that would have existed before European settlement.
• To maintain a Sanctuary free of introduced predators, allowing the successful reintroduction of locally extinct native fauna, and provide founder populations of such species for future restoration projects.
Research, education and participation
• To support participation by local groups and individuals in Sanctuary activities.
• To successfully manage a nationally significant, community-led conservation project where research and learning are integral to restoration and conservation management practices.
A catalyst for change
• To transform thought and action towards conservation, and inspire future restorations.